Thursday, September 1, 2011

Doggy Farts Warm My Heart


Well, it's been a while but I'm back. I have a new puppy, he's 9 months old and I've had him for about 3 months now. Needless to say, I've been very busy training him and molding him into the perfect dog. So far so good. His name is Drexel and he's pretty DARN CUTE:



His personality is totally different from my other dog, or, as I like to call him, "my old man baby":

Tony is 12 years old and still going strong, feisty as ever! They didn't get along so well at first; Tony has been our only dog for 10 years and he wasn't too happy to give it up. I think I interfered a little too much in the beginning, trying to make everything 'fair', but that's not really how it works in the canine world. After a pretty bad scuffle that left Tony with a few ugly puncture wounds, I decided to rethink my approach. I kept them separated for a few days then took them on some adventures together in the woods. I also decided not to intervene when Tony growled at Drexel because it seemed to encourage Drexel to become aggressive. I also started taking them to the dog park to give both of the boys some much needed socialization.
The plan has worked wonderfully and I am happy to report that they are getting along much better now:


Peace has been restored!

No comments:

Post a Comment